OUTREACH AND DIGITAL PROGRAMS
Outreach, Digital Programming, and Traveling Museum Kits
We have created several PowerPoint presentations for use by classrooms, senior homes, and other community groups. These programs can also be scheduled and presented by Museum staff or docents. A computer loaded with Microsoft Office and a projector are required.
If you're interested in having a museum docent or staff member present on one of these topics, please contact Erin Pilarski at 616-842-0700 ext. 132 or email@example.com.
Online Digital Programming Request Form will be available soon.
Michigan Ghosts and Legends
The Home Light (Grand Haven's Lighthouse)
The Victorian Era
Kid's Downtown Walking Tour
The Erie Canal
Spring Lake Resorts
A Short History of Christmas Ornaments
A History of Valentines
The Great Flu Pandemic of 1918 and its Impact on the Tri-Cities
Museum to You! (6 topics for 2nd Grade, to be given with touchable artifacts)
Famous Michiganders- Kid and Adult Versions available
The Ice Age in North America
Lost Grand Haven
STAY TUNED FOR MORE DIGITAL PROGRAMMING TOPICS!
Coming in 2020:
Great Lakes Shipwrecks
West Michigan Pike
Spring Lake History
Traveling Museum Kits
Traveling Museum Kits come fully equipped for classroom use, complete with hands-on artifacts, historical images, and a curriculum for teachers to use. These Kits can also be scheduled to be presented as outreach programs given by Museum staff or docents. Presentations are suitable for students, senior citizens, and other community groups. Free of cost.
Loan Kit Includes:
• Civil War - learn about Michigan's involvement in the war and see objects a Civil War soldier would use
• Coast Guard - learn how Grand Haven became Coast Guard City, U.S.A.
• Fur Trade -see objects available in a Fur Trade post and learn about the importance of the Fur Trade to our state
• Lumbering - learn about the jobs and tools that were part of the Lumber Era in Michigan
• Michigan Forts & Soldiers - learn about the lives of soldiers in Michigan during the periods of the French and English occupation
• Michigan Furs - handle the furs of Michigan animals ranging from a white ermine to a black bear!
• Native American - interact with artifacts and pictures to learn the history and culture of the People of the Three Fires
• Old-Fashioned Games - contains several games for kids to play that were popular over 100 years ago!
• Pioneering - learn about the life and work that occurred inside a pioneer cabin
• Victorian Era- learn about the culture, inventions, customs and leaders of the time of history named for Queen Victoria
• Who Wears This Hat? - a kit geared for preschoolers which matches hats to occupations